Depression these days has been emerging as the most common health problem among a huge population. There are some essential oils for depression available for its treatment through aromatherapy. Depression can be identified by its symptoms such as sadness, losing concentration, difficulty in sleeping, anxiety etc. There are various oils available such as lavender, wild ginger, chamomile etc. These are a drug free option that may help out with the problem.
How to Use the Essential Oils
These oils are recognized for their aromatic flavors which are very useful in curing the problems like depression. It is up to your choice whether you inhale the scent directly or let it disperse in the air. Here are the most common methods of using the essential oils for depression:
• From the inhaler tube or bottle, inhale the scent directly.
• Dab a few drops into a cotton ball and then inhale directly.
• You can add a few drops to a diffuser and then inhale it directly.
• Add several drops of the scent diluted with milk, honey or carrier oil to your bathwater and create an aromatherapy bath.
• Enjoy an aromatherapy massage by adding few drops of scent to your favorite massage oil.
• Combining essential oils may also help depression.
Risks and Warnings
People with respiratory problems, children and pregnant ladies should not use these essential oils otherwise doctor’s supervision. These oils may cause allergic reactions. So avoid applying them directly to your skin undiluted. If you are planning to apply essential oil blend you should add at least one ounce of carrier oil to every 3-6 drops of it. Common carrier oils include: sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil and coconut oil. You should also do a skin patch test before large applications.
Thus aromatherapy has been proved better than any other medication. Treatment is made easier through the essential oils for depression.
click here for more information essential oils guide